Saturday, May 5, 2012

Fun Mailday + Blaster Boxes!

It is a well known fact:  baseball cards can make any good day, great.  I figured I would let loose by cracking open a few blasters today.  With wife and 2 kids in tow, we went to a few wal-marts and targets in the area.  Since my birthday is coming up, and I moved virtually all the Astros find, I figured I could splurge a bit.  I picked up a blaster of 2012 Gypsy Queen, 2011 Allen & Ginter and 2012 Bowman. 

I admit, I am not a fan of bowman, but this year, with its white borders and clean design, I like them!  Among others, here is what I got out of the blasters.

There are the notables anyhow (there were plenty of other rookies and such).  2012 Bowman Gold Yu Darvish (YEAH!)  2012 Bowman Yoennis Cespedes (I have wanted a card of his for quite some time now), a black mini Frank Thomas, a mini Matt Moore rc and a chrome Bryce Harper.  Can you believe, at the time of  this post, that the '12 Harper fetches $10 or so on ebay?  One of the Darvish went for $50 yesterday, but I think that was a fluke.  Oh, and I can't forget Nolan Ryan in all of his orange and yellow Astro-ey goodness.

When I got home, I was delighted to see a package I have been waiting a very, very, VERY long time for.  It was light a few cards, and 2 had issues, but here is a pic (the crummy pic of course, as always is thanks to my phone.)  I'll explain a bit below the picture what you are looking at. 


Briefly speaking, there are rookies of:  Hunter Pence, Dan Uggla (auto), Lincecum, Puckett, Bonds, Clemens, King Felix, Kershaw, Chipper Jones, Andrew McCutchen, Ichiro, Matt Moore, Michael Jordan, Evan Longoria, Bryce Harper, Mike....ahem...Giancarlo Stanton, Carlos Gonzalez, Mark Trumbo, Bo Jackson, Greg Maddux, some By the Letter, Autos, etc.  Yes, as always, ALL are FS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment