Sunday, November 15, 2015

My Jose Canseco Collection in Videos & Pictures

I'm not sure if this happens to you or not, but quite possibly the highest point for me in picking up a new card for my collection online is NOT actually receiving the card. The highest point happens for me, when I have won it. If someone posts it up as a buy it now or best offer, you have the option to just get it over with, and click the BIN button, potentially overpaying a bit. You also have the option of OBO'ing it and running the risk of someone else grabbing it right from under your nose. The next option is someone posting a card up you want for auction starting at 99 cents. Under a buck seems so harmless for 6 days, 23 hours and 55 seconds. Then everyone and their brother bids. Before you know it, that little 99 cent bid becomes something that either makes you laugh or cry. For the moments leading up to those last few seconds, you have a choice. Do I go big, or do I go home? How much do I *really* want this card? The card up for auction is a big risk/reward possibility for the seller, because there could be nobody that wants the card, or there could be multiple high rollers duking it out. Depending upon how much you want the card, those last few seconds could get your heart pounding :) Victory? Time to celebrate! Defeat? Sadness. I've been on both sides of the fence, as I'm sure you have too. The point for this post is not to analyze the psychology of an eBay buyer's habits. It is actually just something I wanted to try out to display my collection in a little bit of a different way. This is a way for me to slow down and enjoy / be thankful for what I have, instead of just hunting, buying, winning, hunting, buying, winning, etc. Here is a pic of all my cards - NO doubles - (not including memorabilia / customs / oversized stuff). I hope to be able to store these better at some point, but for now, this works for me! I had a little bit of fun with this video - I've never done any video editing before, so I might use this as a sandbox to try out some stuff too. Video & Pictures below! My 2000 TEKs Here is what happens when you put some cool card stock behind the clear base version: My 2014 TEKs My 2015 TEKs Oh, and if anyone has any, here is what I need: 2000 Topps Tek Gold - ALL of them (except for 11-4) 2014 Topps High Tek Autographs Red Storm Diffractor #HTJC /10 2014 Topps High Tek Small Maze #HTJC 2015 Topps High Tek Stripes Red Orbit /5 Any/all 1/1's. Thanks for watching/reading! I'll be updating this thread with more video/pics showing off what I have as I get time.

No comments:

Post a Comment