Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Mailday - You aren't gonna BELIEVE this one!

As many of you know, I started my Flip Quest for my 89 UD Puig.

The first offer I had was from a dealer friend of mine. I turned down the deal, but went ahead and sent him a Puig anyway, just for the heck of it. Well, yesterday, he went ahead and sent me a little "mystery" package to deal for the Puig.

I looooooove mystery packages.

 To make things better, he sent me a pic of this package just before he sent it out, like I did to him.   

  

Do you see how many stamps are on this puppy??? This ought to be good! 

As I was humming along at my work desk today, I hear the postal worker's vehicle start and stop its way closer and closer. 

Could it be? Is it possible? A minute passed from the time I heard him to the time I went out to the mail box to see. 

YES!!!! Wait, ... NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

   

The side had been slit, and the cards had been taken.  

And there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth. 

 At least, the thief left the note that he sent along. 

 I sadly reported this to my dealer friend, and while grimacing asked: "What was in the package?" 

"A fleer Griffey, Donruss Gwynn, and one other I think) and about 5 older (but nice cards) like Brett, reggie jackson, Johnny bench, a 2nd year Ripken (i think) and a hank aaron (4th year--but a dinged corner)--along with the 89 UD Nolan Ryan." 

So, to whatever postal worker turd did this ... SHAME ON YOU. 

As Topps has their commemorative patch cards, I figured it is high time to create a commemorative card myself. 

Behold: The invisifractor -

 

 

A true beauty, and quite possibly every one of you reading this can relate, and deserve one of these in your collection. Not just those of us who have been ripped off by postal workers, but those of us who have been scammed by other collectors, and those who have gotten the raw end of the stick with redemptions, missing/damaged box hits, etc. 

So you see, this puppy is up for trade as well, if anyone would like it. This will definitely go toward my Flip Quest if anyone has any interest. Plus, you know you and your collection deserve one!

2 comments: